Technical writing is one of the types of communication. Technical Writing is a way of communication in written form for business and industry purposes.
Below mentioned are the types of technical writing.
- Fiction Writing: This type of technical writing is totally about imagination.
- Expressive Writing: This type of technical writing is used to express the whole situation in your own words.
- Expository Writing: This writing includes purpose to expose something.
- Persuasive Writing: This type is for the purpose to convince someone on something or opinion and it needs response.
Importance of Technical Writing:
Most of the people think What is use of technical writing in business?
- Technical writing has great importance in business and industry fields. Letters, Applications, short report writing, long report writing, proposal etc.
- You have to maintain record of each and every expenditure in business.
- You have to maintain record of salary, profit and loss.
Objectives of Technical Writing:
Your writing should be clear. There should not be any confusion and misunderstanding regarding your content.
- Be Specific: Your content should be specific to the topic and details should be to the point. Do not give unnecessary details.
- Use easily understandable words: Firstly you should know the level of audience and then use words according to their level. If your audience is of low level then use easily understandable words. If your audience is of high level then use high level words.
- Avoid acronyms, abbreviations and jargon: In your business writings, avoid using acronyms, abbreviations and jargon. Because these terms make content difficult and confusing.
- Use active voice: Avoid writing lengthy sentences with difficult words. Use active voice in your writings to make content easily understandable.
- Conciseness: Your content should be concise and to the point because eople avoid reading lengthy paragraphs. To save your own and other’s time, your content should be concise.
2- Conciseness adds clarity:
Concise content has least chances of mistakes. So, in this way Conciseness adds clarity to your content.
- Small paragraphs: People feel boring to read lengthy paragraphs. Write in small paragraphs to make it easy to read.
- Sentence length limit: Do not write lengthy sentences to decrease chance of confusion and misunderstanding.
- Omit Redundancies: Avoid double meaning of same sentences and repeated sentences.
First demand of any type of writing is accuracy. Accuracy includes grammar, format etc.
- Read long words: Read long words syllable by syllable to avoid more chances of spelling mistakes and misunderstanding.
4- Organize it properly:
Organize your writing or document properly. Follow proper format and use margins on sides, upper and bottom of page.
Follow the legalities and practicalities while writing. Like if you are selling something write positive and negative points of that thing.
Also Read: WHAT IS COMMUNICATION | COMMUNICATION SKILLS